Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have changed how food services are provided at UCOM until further notice. We want the very best for our community. The health and well-being of our neighbors, volunteers, and staff are of the utmost importance to us.
In-Person food pantry services will resume Monday, August 31.
- Appointments will be required for in-person shopping
- No more than 3 shoppers will be allowed per appointment block.
- Pick-ups will still be available for anyone uncomfortable shopping in person.
- Appointments will be limited to a one person unless a second is needed for medical reasons.
- ALL SHOPPERS will be required to wear a mask AT ALL TIMES inside UCOM's building.
- No one will be admitted to the building without a mask.
- UCOM has a limited number of masks available if you do not have one.
- If you cannot wear a mask, you may send another person to shop for you.
- Children will not be allowed for appointments at this time.
- Appointments will be limited to 30-minute time blocks, at the end of which shoppers must exit the building so that the next appointments can start on time.
- Shoppers should arrive for their appointments no later than 5 minutes beforehand.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late you will have to reschedule.
- All appointments must be made during the week you wish to shop.
If you are in need of food in UCOM’s service area and have questions please call 616-241-4006.
We ask that you remain in your car until your scheduled appointment time.
The UCOM Farm Stand is open at this time. A price list is posted on the Farm Stand in front of the building and you may call in your order at any time. Farm Stand shoppers will also be allowed to shop inside the building with a limit of one shopper at a time.
At this time, classes remain canceled.
Stay tuned to your email, our website, and social media for updates about services at UCOM. Thank you for your understanding during this challenging time!