Nutritional Options for Wellness
The Nutritional Options for Wellness (NOW) program is a healthy lifestyle change program supporting under-resourced adults who have one or more of three chronic diseases: Type 2 Diabetes, Cardiovascular Disease, or Chronic Renal Disease.
The program serves 90 participants total at 7 different NOW sites in Kent County. NOW is a one-year program with five different components. The five NOW components are a healthy food supplement (3-4 days of food), weekly connection to a NOW Coordinator for assistance with actively setting healthy living goals and case management, the requirement to participate in four healthy living classes each quarter (every three months), intentional connection with other NOW participants in their cohorts, and coaching with a transitional mentor at the completion of the program. NOW participants must actively engage in all five components.
How to get started:
- Scroll down the page and click on the Good Food Systems icon
- Scroll down the page and click on the NOW program icon
- Scroll down and click referral form
- Print off referral form and get it filled out by your doctor
- Your doctor MUST fax the referral to Access of West Michigan - NOW staff
- When the NOW staff receives your referral, they will call you and go over the details of the program and get you signed up
You can always tell your doctor where to find the referral form on Access of West Michigan's website!
Please email or call the NOW Program staff at Access of West Michigan with any questions!
McKenzie - 616-747-0991
Nancy - 616-747-0996